Photo

{NEWS} SHINee releases music video of first-ever ballad single, “For 1000 years, always be by my side…”

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 joAnnwashere

joAnnwashere

約束だよ。

• Event Coordi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Posted Image

The music video for SHINee's sixth Japanese single “For 1000 Years, Always Be By My Side…” was released through EMI Japan's official Youtube channel today. The official single release date is set for December 12th.

Hearts all over the world were touched by the bittersweet storyline in the video. The "complete music video" for their newest single will be available for view through SHINee's special website on December 7th.

“For 1000 Years, Always Be By My Side…” is SHINee’s first-ever ballad single. The B-side track, “Kimi ga Iru Sekai” is another winter ballad song that features piano and percussion sounds. It has been a busy year for SHINee as “For 1000 Years, Always Be By My Side…” is also their third promoted single in Japan this year. -- Soompi

Shawols tweeted with the #1000YearsWithSHINee hashtag for SHINee's new music video release. The hashtag remained on the worldwide trendlist for around 30 minutes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Without further ado, SHINee's spectacular music video can be found below.
What are your thoughts upon watching, Shawols?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7e18C-Bbyc

Source: EMIMusicJapan
Written by: joAnnwashere @ shineee.net

VumH0.jpg
@

Art by halysia

#2 Anya.

Anya.

Eternal Summer

• Designer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2493 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

I was crying. Literally.
I looked stupid but it was worth my tears TT
Yay for #1000YearsWithSHINee trending worldwide.
My SHINee feels...
<3
I'm anticipating the full music video :3

eUBaTVi.gif
rinharurin

#3 ChakaDoll

ChakaDoll

Key

• Ultra Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

i love it!!!! it's not even the complete version yet but it already brings tears to my eyes. I usually am teary-eyed whenever there's something new from SHINee but this has a different effect. It's not just about fangirling but also because of the beautiful message and feel of this song and video... l

#4 Lasco92

Lasco92

I love ZOMBee's

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1596 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

IT WAS FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
i loved it sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! just everything was perfect!!!
and i can't get over how PRETTY this video is!!!!!
i totally wish i was there!!!! especially the place with the beautiful sky at the end (i think they went to Mt Fuji for this part?) thankfully though i'm able to see beautiful skies like that at sunset from my window!! haha!!
and i totally teared up at the One Piece part!!!! in One Piece when Luffy and the crew did that i teared up too cos it was such a sad scene, and then in this beautiful moving mv it just made me lose it!!! i was spazzing and crying at the same time!!!
One Piece and SHINee is just perfection!!!! it would be incredibly awesome if they could sing an opening OST for the anime!!! i totally spazzed out when i suddenly heard DBSK sing in the opening of an episode!! i had to look it up and to see if i was right!! and i was! they were singing the opening!!!
can't wait for the full thing now!!!

#5 nathalie ^-^

nathalie ^-^

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

SHINeegamii~ and the mv just soo beautifull
storyline with family things..i just melting now *-*
their voice =") and i love minho voice can be shown here ^^

#6 Miss_Naomi_Haru

Miss_Naomi_Haru

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

It is really beautiful! nice and emotional.. i like the piano and tune of the whole song.. and their high pitched voices...~ Even i as a female, couldn;t reach that pitch..
The meaning of the video is kinda confusing though, or maybe i am just slow.. :x ... So it means that the guy or the father kind of sacrificed his life for his son or something? or did he brought joy to his son before he left or something? kinda confusing~
[ SHINee + SHINee World = 1 ]

#7 s.wila

s.wila

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Like OST. of romantic drama
beautiful song
beuatiful SHINee

MV has a good plot and sound so sweet
one of my fav. MV of Shining SHINee

#8 nitaRnita

nitaRnita

♥ SHINee's Noona ♥

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

actually i kinda 5,5 hours late to see this video, coz i didn't have an access to youtube till now, so all i can do is keep monitoring the comment from all the people about this video, and it even make a trending topic world wide..

at first i was kinda confused coz i see so many people making comment of how they cried when they watch the video, "how can a SHINee mv make someone cry??" that was the thought that crosses my mind for this past 5 hours...until....
i see it myself..and before i even rethink why would people cry...tears is already all over my eyes, i cried so hard even when i haven't reach half of the video duration T_T
now that i see it..i do know why people is crying, there is definitely something in this video that hurts us in a way that might not be able to described by any words...

such a beautiful song and mv boys..thank you for giving us this sad yet beautiful song :)

and this is the first time i saw SHINee video without spazzing, screaming, fangirling, eyecandying, because i'm so in to the voice, harmonization and the story of course :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

banner by İihottaru & blinkies by İcaptivated

#9 Twinkling Taemin

Twinkling Taemin

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

When I saw the teaser, I already knew that I am going to love this single. I was right. I was not disappointed at all. Beautiful vocals, such a meaningful preview PV. I was crying literally. You know how die happily? I think that's what the PV was portraying. Feeling accomplished and happy. Uhhh so much feels ;A;

#10 ilikestephanie

ilikestephanie

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

I love this song so much yay! I want their korean comeback to be something like this :')
Spammed my timeline fangirling over their PV hehehehehe.
SHINEE OPPAS HWAITING! :wub:

#11 Fooz57

Fooz57

Onew

• Ultra Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

This is breathtaking! I am so in love with this video and this song I can not even express it! I love the fact that it is so different for Shinee....they don't dance at all here, they just sing beautifully and act. The song is great. Their voices are spot-on. Not to mention the storyline, which is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. I am beside myself. I think it is one of the best things Shinee has ever done! So very proud of them!

As I read some of the comments it helps clear up the storyline a little for me. Thank you. I am so glad Shinee did something so moving like this. And thank you everyone for the comments that helped make it a bit more clear!

#12 xueqiee

xueqiee

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

literally crying but i didn't know exactly what actually happened! the father getting up the bus was just so sad :( and shinee were hiding their laughter when taemin lifted his fist to the air! lmfao. amazing just amazing.

[ lee jinki ] [ shinee ]
Posted Image

#13 phonominal

phonominal

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I wonder what more their complete music video will have...
This PV was perfect. The gorgeous setting. A touching story line. Simple styling (though a little dated). Amazing vocals. Definitely one of my favorite music videos from them. I hope this does really well and we can see more of this softer ballad side to SHINee in future promotions.

architect · catholic · shawol

twitter · wordpress · tumblr

#14 ellatron3000

ellatron3000

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

i loved it so much!! they look so good in black and the story was touching! to be honest though, im not sure i quite understand the plot. the bus flying the the end kinda confused me.... ^^'

#15 Locket4life622

Locket4life622

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

My SHINee feels are killing me today! I wanted to cry but i couldn't :/

#16 minanie.

minanie.

Ultimate☆Flame ㅍ_ㅍ

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

yes, yes, "SHINeegami~" This MV is incredible. I couldn't stop crying both times I watched it; the song is still incredible, even more so perhaps with the story behind it. I expected them to come for the child; I didn't realize there was so much more layers involved. So moving; I love that they went in a pathos direction instead of eros. That surprised me. I really like SHINee as death gods. I think I need to write a fanfic about it. :D Can't wait for the full, though it's hard to believe that there could be even MORE involved, since it seems so complete as is. This was pure art to me; as far from 'pop' as you can get. I love everything about it. And they all look so handsome in it -- but the MV was so good it's taken me hours to get around to fangirl-mode because I've been too absorbed with the content over the sexy visuals.

and I agree: the One Piece allusion was sugoi~ makes the otaku AND the Shawol in me so very happy...
Posted Image

PS: that's so awesome about the trending. how the heck did I miss that? -_-

lani_zpsa51c1216.gif

a9d7faea-12c7-404e-a1eb-5d80a55c89df_zps

Shiny_A_plus @ asianfanfics

#17 creexs2

creexs2

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

oh god i absolutely LOVE the concept of this video.

yes. we don't see the boys much

but my god do their voices SHINE in this! the story line just made me tear at how sad it is, paired with the boy's vocals and harmonizing..it just tore my heart apart in such a painfully good way!

this is a first for SHINee to do something like this and i absolutely love it. i really hope they'll try to expand this genre in korea but i know it's hard because 2AM has the ballad idol group covered but it'll be nice to see them promote something like this and present this new mature side of shinee to their korean fans.

my guess is that the father had already passed away leaving his ill son and wife. at the beginning SHINee is waiting for him to get on the bus to heaven the giant book is the list of people they're supposed to send off, and when they see he's not here we get into the story line of the young father and his son. shinee tries to get him to come with them but he doesn't leave until he restores hope and happiness in his son, and in the end he goes to heaven and he thanks shinee for letting him do what he wanted to do.

so sad T_T so beautiful

i hope to see the full MV soon

P.S. Oh god Onew...your falsetto makes me want to die and cry at the same time...

#18 nitaRnita

nitaRnita

♥ SHINee's Noona ♥

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

yes, yes, "SHINeegami~" This MV is incredible. I couldn't stop crying both times I watched it; the song is still incredible... but the MV was so good it's taken me hours to get around to fangirl-mode because I've been too absorbed with the content over the sexy visuals.

i am so happy that you actually crying when you watch the video..i was like "yesss..i'm not the only lady crying over a video, coz my unnie also cried :P " and it takes hours for me too to get the fangirl-mode cause i'm too absorbed by the storyline ^^

PS: that's so awesome about the trending. how the heck did I miss that? -_-

of course it's because you're to busy with the studying and assignment unnie.. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

banner by İihottaru & blinkies by İcaptivated

#19 menchie

menchie

♥ Bunnie ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5762 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I honestly don't have a big thing for ballads, but THIS....THIS easily became one of my favorite ballads ever and one of very few ballads I actually like. SHINee's voices fit so well in this song and the video is beautiful. Everything made me cry when I saw it. ♥ I even participated in the trending on twitter for a good fifteen minutes or so during the release of the video. ^^

I can't wait to see the full version~ And I can't wait to get a physical copy of the single because I preordered it! I seriously can't wait to have it now! ♥

aafmLZo.png

♥ bset made by me ♥

#20 MintyBerry

MintyBerry

海枯石烂 ♡

• Ultra Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

“For 1000 Years, Always Be By My Side…” is now my favorite favorite song and favorite music video ever.
This music video and concept is beautiful masterpiece.

photo2_zpsef0c9179.jpg

SHINee_zps89a15307.jpg

#21 chocochoissa

chocochoissa

BACON

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

That was... sugoi :)

It was heartwarming. I thought they were waiting for the child.
They were in fact waiting for the father. The bus was going to heaven.
They let the father do something for his son and wife (that hundreds of colorful balloons which are sign of hope and happiness)
I teared :))

The dad was all along dead. He was a worker in a circus that was burnt (written in the book that Key holds. There are news clippings there). The scenes in the hospital, the dad was already dead. His wife and son couldn't see him. T.T

2hzsjg7.jpg

© seetwopm

awMFmsZ.png

© Ms. Julienne

#22 firaachan

firaachan

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

everything about both the song & music video is beautiful <3
it gives such a heatwarming and fuzzy feeling (': this surely becomes my fav ballad of all time!

___________________Posted Image

__bset; seetwopm__

#23 shinee_quince

shinee_quince

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

this is my first time to see SHINee in a music video with a deep storyline. i love it guys!

Always a Taemint!

#24 theroyalsprout

theroyalsprout

☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ♥

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

The entire music video from the acting, to the props, storyline and singing, it was truly a masterpiece. Best music video SHINee's ever made :)

소녀시대 ♔ 샤이니 ♔ 에이핑크 ♔ 레드벨벳

free_avvie__cute_tiny_kitty_by_xuntitled

"When something's hard, smiling helps us in the end, and it becomes fun," -Taemin

twitter

#25 Jinkick214

Jinkick214

~♥~ doboo-ing ~☆~

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

I love the song, I love the music video. When I watched the special trailer, I thought the cild who will be die. But when watched full MV, ah.. I got the story. It's so touching, I was crying when first saw the full MV. Ah I really want SHINee, I want them !! I missed Trending Topic by the way -_-

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

ananya nayak : (25 December 2014 - 05:13 AM) Merry Christmas SHINee World ^_^ :D
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 05:07 AM) got to go now jack!!! :) again, merry christmas! and have a happy happy new year :D xoxo
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:41 AM) lol :)
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:40 AM) yea. same same. haha. i gained weight. i ate too much. :(
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:35 AM) better to finish one drama at a time :) my holidays... well it's good :) i'm with my family~ :D and there were lots of kids knocked on our gate to have some "pamasko" :D how about your holiday?
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:32 AM) :xD
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:31 AM) how are you anyways? hows your holidays?
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:31 AM) i think i'll finish high school love on first before checking on other dramas.
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:31 AM) wah! it's colder there!!! :D daebak!!! :D
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:30 AM) i live near tagaytay, yea. its cooold,
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:29 AM) how are ya? it's gettin' cold :D
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:28 AM) oh... i see... :D i'm watching "healer" :)
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:27 AM) yea. i donwloaded it. ep10 is the last ep ive watched
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:27 AM) :(
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:26 AM) yeaaaa. im excited to update. 2months without shinee/jdrama/kdrama made me really sad
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:26 AM) hi school love on is finished :( but i haven't watch it yet :D
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:24 AM) wow! daebak :D i'm happy for you!!!
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:24 AM) :D
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:24 AM) im on vacation. hahaha. im really happy.
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:23 AM) happy christmas melle!
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:17 AM) merry christmas!!!
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 04:17 AM) :D
jakstar : (25 December 2014 - 04:16 AM) melle!!!
Melle :D : (25 December 2014 - 12:40 AM) advance happy new year~~~
shiningshinee35 : (25 December 2014 - 12:01 AM) Merry christmas
Ms. Shekinah : (24 December 2014 - 11:30 PM) Don't forget to vote for SFI's End of the Year Awards 2014. Have a nice day!
Ms. Shekinah : (24 December 2014 - 11:29 PM) Merry Christmas :)) *oink oink* -shiki
chuchuchiriko : (24 December 2014 - 10:28 PM) Hi everyone!! Merry Christmas :)
Melle :D : (24 December 2014 - 10:12 PM) hello :D
aiden. : (24 December 2014 - 08:46 PM) Hey guys~ have you voted for SFI's End of the Year Awards 2014 ardy? If not, head on over there right now!! http://www.shineee.n...showtopic=49950
Ms.RicaChoi : (24 December 2014 - 08:17 PM) Merry Christmas :)
Dinoholic. : (24 December 2014 - 05:34 PM) Kean your message cracked me up lol
Yeanyeags : (24 December 2014 - 05:29 PM) Hello hello
Dinoholic. : (24 December 2014 - 05:25 PM) Happy Holidays everyone!!!!! ^_^
siara : (24 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Merry Christmas everyone :D
tragicpiano : (24 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) Merry Christmas, everyone <3
Blinger33 : (24 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Merry Christmas from Italy!! ❤️❤️
CrazyGirlNiki : (24 December 2014 - 03:27 PM) Merry Christmas <3 ^_^
ChoiAffley : (24 December 2014 - 03:01 PM) Merry Christmas!!!
Lasco92 : (24 December 2014 - 02:56 PM) have a great Christmas guys~~
jinkisss : (24 December 2014 - 02:35 PM) hey guyss :D
Hanalock : (24 December 2014 - 12:20 PM) pokes
aiden. : (24 December 2014 - 12:12 PM) oh god, chut's trying to joke ;;
replayedmelody : (24 December 2014 - 10:57 AM) or if you're a guy, merry christmas adam. hurr hurr hurr
replayedmelody : (24 December 2014 - 10:56 AM) merry christmas...eve (still eve here)
youronlyace : (24 December 2014 - 10:38 AM) merry christmas everyone!!!
laicaangeli : (24 December 2014 - 10:22 AM) Merry Christmas everyone! :)
Key`sLocket : (24 December 2014 - 10:04 AM) Merry Christmas!!! yaaaaai!!!
Yeanyeags : (24 December 2014 - 08:31 AM) Eat well guys!
StrawberrySh... : (24 December 2014 - 08:30 AM) haha merry christmas ^^