91 replies to this topic

#26 Ayane

Ayane

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

....not sure about Germany candies...we have so many candies but most of it is not traditional for our country.
But I'll try to find something

#27 J O N G H O O D

J O N G H O O D

عُهوُد ✿

• Donor
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

WOW $__$
I love this project
Can I participate??
I'm from Saudi Arabia And I also my country is not listed, but I am ready to participate ^^
This is a Dates ^^
Posted Image
Posted Image

and this

Posted Image

Posted Image

The classic cocktail recreated in soft champagne truffles with a dash of blackcurrant liqueur ^^
So if i can participate what shipping address?
And Sorry for my poor English T_T

#28 Aninha

Aninha

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Fighting!!!!!!
I'm helping my brazilian friends, so!!! I'm so excited about it! They're our valentines, right?
I would like to recommend a VERY traditional candy here in Brazil... when international idols visit our country, they LOVES it, seriously.
It's called "brigadeiro" and seriously, I can help you guys to do this candy!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

You're my hero...

tumblr x twitter

#29 Pepsimint

Pepsimint

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'd love to help with recommendations, but shoot there isn't really any sort of candy special to Britain. I'll do some research!
I'll see if donations are possible as well.

Shinee fighting!

#30 Kristīne

Kristīne

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

my recommendation like from Latvia.. "Laima" is pretty popular and they have really nice candy and sweets..
my favorite must be "Serenade"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Of course they have more nice sweets <33 their homepage
Only I'm pretty broke right now and shipping always so expensive (well depends to which country, maybe if I could send to a closer country idk), to South Korea is very expensive hehh TT_TT
so don't know if I could help somehow right now..sad that we don't have fanbases heh
But still here's my suggestion

#31 tsukiko

tsukiko

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Although I can't donate money, I would like to suggest White Rabbit Creamy Candy from China. It's really delicious. It's considered one of China's top sweets and was even used as a gift for Nixon when he visited China.
Posted ImageThis is what the original flavor looks like (vanilla), but currently there are more flavors like chocolate, coffee, toffee, coconut, fruits, red bean, etc. But I think the original flavor still tastes the best and is the most meaning full. :) Haha, I even have a whole bag stashed at home.

It's originally kind of hard (but not like hard candy), but it softens after a bit in your mouth and is chewy (but not gummy). I usually chew it, but its okay to let it just kind of melt in your mouth. It's available at Asian stores in the US (at least where I live), and according to Wikipedia, it's also available in Singapore and Europe.

#32 Darkick

Darkick

Certified Locket ^v^ღ

• Media Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

for MALAYSIA (whose fansite is still pending participation =___=)

Malaysian candies are usually just a "remix" of candies from different countries

MALAY SWEETS

we've got DODOL!!!!!

it looks like this

(i know it doesn't look /that/ appetizing all wrapped in plastic but they sell it in blocks too)

Posted Image

it is a coconutty not-so-sweet sticky gooey candy that tastes ohmigawd delish

(it takes a million hours to make too lol)

INDIAN SWEETS

BARFI. YES. MILKY BARFI

Posted Image

it is just milk, sugar and something else idk dumped into a pan and stirred till it forms this wonderful sweet

-salivates-

there is a low-fat version of it too, which tastes MUCH better compared to the sweeter, fattier one

CHINESE SWEETS

PINEAPPLE TARTS. OMG YES

Posted Image

this is a no-brainer lol it is a dollop of pineapple jam wrapped in a little roll of crumbly pastry and baked to perfection

DELISH. AWESHUM AND DELISH.

BORNEAN DELIGHTS

SARAWAK LAYER CAKE

Posted Image

yes i know they aren't /candy/ candy but these are considered candy

AREN'T THEY PRETTY LOL

they don't taste like anything remarkable but the designs are just wonderful

like so

Posted Image

painstakingly made layer by layer

and i /think/ they are allowed to be shipped across the world but i'm not sure

thèse don't qualify as cakes per se so idk .__.

next...

COCONUT CANDY

Posted Image

THESE. ARE. OSMNESS.

there is another variety where the candy is chewy and melty and OMG SO GOOD TT_____TT

OKAY I'M DONE

Honestly, there aren't any authentic Malaysian hard candy

and most sweets here are meant to be eaten fresh from the oven/wok/fryer

so :\ that's all i came up with ^O^

FIGHTING! FOR THIS PROJECT!!!!

and i hope the Malaysian fansite responds soon

Click!

9WAHT4e.png

Apply for staff. We have cookies.

#33 menchie

menchie

♥ Bunnie ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

It seems like a lot of people already suggested candy from USA, so I just decided to donate. ^^
I hope it goes to something amazing and delicious~

preciousnessbyvic_zps7facf8dd.gif

AmcmdAg.png

Bset made by me ♥ Blinkie made by Vic 

#34 shineepowerstar

shineepowerstar

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Posted Imageshine candy m&m but first I have to give them this Posted Image

#35 danapanda

danapanda

rabbit time♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Oh this is a cool project! Sadly im not a candy person.. so I can't say I have any recommendations >< But I guess you can try whether's originals. I'm not sure if that's an American candy or not lol. I've seen it in places like walgreens but I've never checked haha

#36 calenton

calenton

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

What a lovely idea. But don't send them too much, it would be such a waste if they have to throw most of it away...

My country is not listed (the Netherlands) but I'm willing to send candy for the project :) Here are some typical Dutch snacks:

1. Drop

2. Stroopwafels (syrup waffles)

What adress should I send the snacks to for the project? And what is the deadline?

Hey fellow Dutchie! Not sure if drop is a good idea, many foreigners really seem to hate it XD When I was in Japan with some friends we let some Japanese people try it, their reactions were too funny. Stroopwafels are nice though ^_^

Haha, that's what I thought was funny, because it's something very special haha :P But they indeed will probably not like it and since I won't see their faces when they try it, it isn't worth the money I guess haha :P If the organizer of this project gives me an adress and deadline I can buy the stroopwaffles for them :) Many foreigners like that ^^

#37 matsujitteru

matsujitteru

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

urr I won't be able to donate >< still supporting though! ♥

we have lots of candies in the philippines. 8D
i suggest CLOUD NINE ! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image
onew. jonghyun. key. minho. taemin. shinee. ☆ banners by me.
Posted Image

#38 Alalute

Alalute

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I have double feelings for this prject
1. I wanna participate and be a part of chocolate hapiness
2. I kinda envy them.. So many candy from all over the world... They must feel loved after this (they better be)

I'll try to be part of it
FIGHTING

Posted Image

Forever shall the wolf in me desire a sheep in you

#39 Nikka & {?}

Nikka & {?}

Dumbhyunㅎㅅㅎ

• Ultra Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Gotta get to class soon, but I'd just like to quickly suggest a candy?

They're called Curly Tops and I liked them since I was a little girl.
They were sold in a Filipino mart in America.

Posted Image

[Edited this comment because I was trying to fix the BBcode to upload an image.]

Your Heart Will Tell You   The Tricks of Boys & Girls   I Can't Fall In Love With You!   O.O Are You For Real?!   A Doll's House   My Flaming Princess   Thou Shall Not Spy On Other Members

© to moi - all fics on hiatus + © to Captivated for the default avatar, Jeonja for "the boys" banner, & SFI staff for the "writing contest" banner

RknVxSf.png8503093868_c1105f8790.jpg

#40 saranghaeyojonghyun

saranghaeyojonghyun

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hello I am from Singapore. Can the Singapore fansite participate too? Over here we sell Stickies and they have the Kpop package which contain hard rock sweets. There is even I LOVE SHINEE!!! :D I just thought it will be rather meaningful to sell candies that are related to SHINee such as this one :)

#41 mszmango

mszmango

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Okay, I saw a lot of U.S.A fans recommending stuff but for Valentine's day the first thing I think of is ferrero rocher. I heard that its sold all around the world so it's easy to get. Godiva chocolate is really good too. Posted Image This is Godiva chocolate
And this is Fererro Rocher.
Posted Image

SHAWOL FOREVER

FOREVER LOVE THE SHINING IDOLS

JONGHYUN OPPA

SARANGHAE<3

#42 Minbooboo

Minbooboo

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

pralines are a sugary candy from new Orleans, Louisiana. it is made of nuts covered with sugar syrup. it is very good and sweet.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

credit: halcyon@SFI | TUMBLR | credit: Jeonja@SFI

#43 snowy_fairy

snowy_fairy

민키♫♪~~

• Donor
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but maple syrup candies are like the candy that represents Canada the most for it's maple syrup and maple trees~ :D

Candy 1

Candy 2

#44 babybluebonny

babybluebonny

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Omg, candy <3. LET'S BRING IN SOME UNIQUE CANDY FROM THE STATESSSSSS!
Okay so I have this one brand I really love but apparently, no one has really ever heard of it LOL. But I swear it's delish~
It's called Toffifay in the states and Toffifee in other places and it's basically like little soft and hollow caramel hemispheres that are filled with yummy nougat with a hazelnut hidden inside. It's also topped with a layer of chocolate! :D
Posted Image

and here's a picture of the actual candy LOL

Posted Image

Another one would be a brand called Andes! They're basically pieces of individually wrapped chocolate and there are three layers when it comes to the candy: two milk chocolate layers with a layer of minty creme in the middle. They always give these to you at Olive Garden when you leave and every time, I always get addicted and end up buying like 234964209756469 packs afterwards LMFAO. Here's a picture:
Posted Image

My last suggestion for now would be this seriously delicious and seriously mouthwatering treat that I can never get enough of. I legit buy a bag and then it's gone by the time I go to bed that day LMAO. IT'S JUST SO GOOD! Okay, so it's the... Ghiradelli chocolates! My favorite flavors are the hazelnut flavor and the limited edition peppermint bark flavor that only is sold during the Christmas season. But I'm pretty sure that they also have Valentine's limited edition flavors too :3. (Btw, if you buy this, don't buy it at the actual store LOL. LE EXPENSIVO! Buy it at a supermarket or something. It's like 5 bucks cheaper, I swear LMAO. Same goes for Godiva chocolates and Lindt Chocolates, WHICH MUST I SAY ARE FABULOUS AS WELL AND SHOULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED! I'm kinda too lazy to find pictures of them and describe them too... LOL sorry >.< but I'm sure someone is going to talk about it sooner or later. They famous as fackkkkk!)
These are the hazelnut chocolates! :D
Posted Image

The hazelnut comes with pieces of hazelnut chunks in them that are just heavenly matched with the milky chocolate haha. As you can see from the picture, it's individually wrapped pieces of thin chocolate :)

Anyways, my duty here is done. Good luck with the candy search and I'll definitely come back when I think of any more! ^________^
(i just realized that i mostly gave all chocolate... LOL. and chocolate dont go too well traveling overseas for 32094767326396029746072546 miles LOL.)

Posted Image

Lee Jinki! Kim Jonghyun! Kim Kibum! Choi Minho! Lee Taemin!

SHINee!

#45 TaeHeen

TaeHeen

Jonghyun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1936 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

aaawwww!!! cute lovely project!!
sweet boys need to be given sweets!!

well when you think of England and chocolate i'm sure a lot of people would instantly think Cadbury's!
Posted Image

also there's thorntons!!! and for valentines you can order a box of chocolate with a special message
like this
Posted Image

Lindt isn't a British chocolate company but it's swiss and it's one of my faves!! i love their Lindor chocolates!!

here's a site you might find helpful!! it's a UK site and they sell sweets and chocolates from around the world (including British sweets of course!)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I totally agree with Lasco! Both of these chocolates are amazing! Especially Cadburys chocolate! And we should give them all the different kinds of the dairy milk bar..... There is a fruit and nut one and there is a whole nut one. And there might be more.

Thortons is definitely a good idea. We should write a message on them. That would be cool!

Although I can't donate money, I would like to suggest White Rabbit Creamy Candy from China. It's really delicious. It's considered one of China's top sweets and was even used as a gift for Nixon when he visited China.
Posted ImageThis is what the original flavor looks like (vanilla), but currently there are more flavors like chocolate, coffee, toffee, coconut, fruits, red bean, etc. But I think the original flavor still tastes the best and is the most meaning full. :) Haha, I even have a whole bag stashed at home.

It's originally kind of hard (but not like hard candy), but it softens after a bit in your mouth and is chewy (but not gummy). I usually chew it, but its okay to let it just kind of melt in your mouth. It's available at Asian stores in the US (at least where I live), and according to Wikipedia, it's also available in Singapore and Europe.

Hahahahahaha! Omg when I first saw this picture I bursted out laughing! These candies are truly and utterly amazing! 大白兔, the white rabbit sweets are soo good!! Milk flavour I believe? I'm just saying this but there was a problem with the making of them once, right? And then they stopped selling them. But I think the problem is sorted now.

Okay, I saw a lot of U.S.A fans recommending stuff but for Valentine's day the first thing I think of is ferrero rocher. I heard that its sold all around the world so it's easy to get. Godiva chocolate is really good too. Posted Image This is Godiva chocolate
And this is Fererro Rocher.

Yup, definitely these! These are amazing too! One leads to another and another and BAM! The whole box has gone. Definitely perfect for valentines too!

Omg, candy <3. LET'S BRING IN SOME UNIQUE CANDY FROM THE STATESSSSSS!
Okay so I have this one brand I really love but apparently, no one has really ever heard of it LOL. But I swear it's delish~
It's called Toffifay in the states and Toffifee in other places and it's basically like little soft and hollow caramel hemispheres that are filled with yummy nougat with a hazelnut hidden inside. It's also topped with a layer of chocolate! :D
Posted Image

TOTALLY AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE We have to send this to them! This is definitely has the same affect as the ferorro rocher. But cheaper!

Yeah, these are all the chocolates I agree with and vote up!
I have one question how is shineee.net going to buy candies from other countries? For example, how are you going to buy candies from the UK or from china? Oh wait... You said you've linked up with other fan sites.... Lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

madebyTaeHeen

#46 lil_fungisy

lil_fungisy

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

This is such a meaningful project really hope Shinee can taste all the different sweets!!!
I wonder what lollies are from Australia - musk sticks are pretty Aussie haha.
Only desserts are popping up not lollies =="

#47 Allister

Allister

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

This really is a sweet project but I don't want candy. I want you guys :P

#48 J.Kimkeysemily

J.Kimkeysemily

完璧な組み合わせ

• Media Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2829 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Did anyone recommend any candy from Singapore? Well i think this is common in many other countries though. hahaha well here's macaroons~~ ;D
Posted Image

If you buy it in a box, it's cheaper.
I was about to recommend stickies, but i wonder if they will like it xDD

Posted Image

Singapore usually sells imported candy T_T so there isn't really much Singapore candy to be found
except Durians which is prohibited in airports / planes so i don't suggest it.

You can try these :D
Posted Image
Magic Dust Lollipop + Popping Candy
This foot-shaped lollipop comes packaged together with a packet of ‘magic’ powder. Dip the lollipop into the bag of powder and anticipate the ‘explosion’ of the powder when it makes contact with the saliva their mouth. It’s like having or faking TNT (chemical explosives) in the mouth.

Or these~~
[img]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/XfY5INSSk2ULiEaXm7BR3A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_SG/News/Makansutra/Blueberry-and-Mini-Cola-Tablet-Sweets.jpg[/img]

Blue Berry and Mini Cola tablet sweets
These are small chewable and fizzy tablet sweets that come packaged in gassy drinks plastic containers.

[img]http://www.fanboy.com/archive-images/coris-whistle-candy-01.jpg[/img]
Whistle candy
========================================================================
Well that's it for my suggestions :D hehehe. :D !~

Edited by JongKeyForever9190, 24 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Kim Soohyun, Key, Jonghyun, BoA

aUzOeV8.gif

S0XdT3Q.gifWGH9Hkp.gif

twitter u/n : kimkeysemily | banners cr kimkeysemily

#49 jomintine

jomintine

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

When I saw this on the SWph fanpage, I'm only thinking one sweet thing to give them or a few. LOL
Choc-nut! XD
Posted Image
and some sweet delicacies that we do. Wah. SO good. <3

1000年、ずっとそばにいて

Posted Image

#50 Hani Pat

Hani Pat

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

How can we participate?
I suggest Pastillas from the Philippines! :)
It's sweet and creamy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Forum Rules ▲ Shoutbox Rules ▲ Guides & Tutorials

Team SFI is now hiring! Apply to be a Translator, SHINee Subber, Encoder, Uploader, Media Team, or Moderator.

Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) lol
Jayden09 : (16 April 2014 - 01:14 PM) Don't die on me :P
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 01:10 PM) Shiraeyo!!! :P
Jayden09 : (16 April 2014 - 01:01 PM) Stop watching them xD
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 12:46 PM) somebody heeeeeeeeelp meeee!!! My tummy hurts from so much lol!!! Omg, BAP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pollychrome : (16 April 2014 - 10:07 AM) blasphemy. I'm so ready for the official video to drop
bananadancer : (16 April 2014 - 09:18 AM) Lol Heen.
TaeHeen : (16 April 2014 - 09:10 AM) im not supposed to. T_T
TaeHeen : (16 April 2014 - 09:10 AM) lol
StrawberrySh... : (16 April 2014 - 08:48 AM) i think so?
TaeHeen : (16 April 2014 - 08:48 AM) am i supposed to like exo's overdose?
Pollychrome : (16 April 2014 - 08:39 AM) :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
StrawberrySh... : (16 April 2014 - 08:23 AM) taken care of dw
Menggy : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 AM) Looking for a mod! Heeelp huhu
SHINeeWORLD+... : (16 April 2014 - 06:39 AM) Hey is anyone still online?
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 06:13 AM) what SHINee stage?!
KawaiiBummie : (16 April 2014 - 06:11 AM) shines stage?
DHINee : (16 April 2014 - 06:09 AM) hi byul! ^^
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 06:08 AM) hi!~
Star_Byul : (16 April 2014 - 06:02 AM) Hiiii @DHINee :D
amatif zbad : (16 April 2014 - 06:00 AM) Hello everyone,,,,I'll brb later,, :P
DHINee : (16 April 2014 - 05:59 AM) hi theeeere! :D
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:58 AM) Yeah I'll catch up with civilization later xD
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 05:57 AM) u should: is WOW!!! keke
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:55 AM) I haven't ~
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 05:53 AM) OMG, can`t stop listening to EXO`s overdose!!! :wub:
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 05:46 AM) oh, really Byul? cool
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:45 AM) XD
amatif zbad : (16 April 2014 - 05:44 AM) @Hana..ouch., *pinch your nose in return*
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:43 AM) Han is evil gaaaaahhh
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:43 AM) *pinch unnie's cheeks* kkkk
Star_Byul : (16 April 2014 - 05:42 AM) I see... It used to be pretty active two years ago...
amatif zbad : (16 April 2014 - 05:41 AM) :ph34r:
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:40 AM) Sbox has been sleepy lately
Star_Byul : (16 April 2014 - 05:39 AM) Is the sbox always so quiet? OTL
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:24 AM) :D :D
Star_Byul : (16 April 2014 - 05:24 AM) @Key'sLocket Thank you! Like yours too. My twitter username used to be Key's Locket as well :P
Star_Byul : (16 April 2014 - 05:23 AM) Hi there :D @Choi Hana
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 05:23 AM) neh, so cool! :D and hi, Byul! I like ur username! ~
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:22 AM) Heyyyy @Star_Byul ^▽^
Star_Byul : (16 April 2014 - 05:21 AM) Hey Shawols ^^
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:20 AM) Hmmm, 6th anniversary is coming, we'll have sth different then :3
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 05:18 AM) neh, but I want smt new! lol
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:17 AM) Oh?? SFI's Everybody theme is back '.'
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:09 AM) Hiii ^^
Key`sLocket : (16 April 2014 - 05:07 AM) hi!
Choi Hana. : (16 April 2014 - 05:05 AM) Hello ~ Hello ~
Kinivi : (16 April 2014 - 04:40 AM) kawaiiBummie, do you already have SHINee stage?
KawaiiBummie : (16 April 2014 - 04:29 AM) does anyone know an app for the latest shines news?
KawaiiBummie : (16 April 2014 - 04:29 AM) hihi :D