kimchi hana

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6421 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Posted Image

ONEW
What is the message you’re trying to send with this album?
“It's definitely SHINee!”

What do you see when you look back at your debut until now?
A lot of things have happened. I stood on stage and performed as SHINee while traveling to the UK, US, Japan, and various countries around the world. I was able to meet fans overseas. I collected these experiences and I was able to enjoy performing more.

How has your personally changed?
I’m not sure. Since I’ve experienced a lot, I’ve developed some know-hows or knacks. And I have a lot more thoughts and my views have widened.

Your musicals were successful.
While working on <Brothers Were Brave> and <Rock of Ages>, I felt that this area is very charming. If I get the chance, it’s something I want to keep doing in the future.

SHINee is an extremely stylish team. I’m curious as to how you dress normally.
Excluding outfits for official events or stages, I'm the type to go with comfortable styles.

What do you want to tell yourself this year?
Let’s be healthy.

JONGHYUN
You’re doing the photoshoot a month before your comeback.
What is the status of your album preparations?
It’s finished. It's going out now!

How would you make people anticipate it more?
You’ll be able to see a new SHINee that you couldn’t see in the past.

This is your third full album. Is there something different than before?
It’s similar in that we tried something new. We’re trying to show a variety and transformation of images. That’s how we work on music and find out more about our musical identity.

Are you satisfied with yourself?
I still lack a lot as as an artist. But in life, I want to give myself at least 60 points (laugh).

Tell us about your daily life, whether it be what music you listen to or what kind of styles you like.
I like emotional R&B music so I listen to them often. And rather than wearing clothes that are too comfortable, I prefer suits.

Your future plans.
I want to try being a producer, composer, or vocal director.

KEY
It’s been 6 years since your debut. What sort of time was it for five guys who spent it together?
We all started to talk a lot more. We voice our opinions about our work and music. Those opinions flourished and we were able to nicely establish SHINee’s identity. And I think we've become much stronger mentally.

What are you plans for 2013?
Since our 3rd full album is coming out, we plan on promoting actively. When we promoted “Sherlock” last year, we know many people were disappointed that the promotional time was short. We want to have more opportunities to meet our Korean fans this year. It’d be nice if they look forward to our new album.

I’m curious about the concept for this album.
We were storytelling with a feeling of being inside an imagination or fairytale.

Which music are you attracted to that’s different than SHINee’s music direction?
Under hip-hop.

SHINee always hot topic through sensational styling. I think yours is especially good.
I have a lot of interest in fashion. But there’s no style that I particularly prefer or stick to. Instead, I try to wear clothes of a different style every day. No matter what clothes I wear, the most important thing in the end is personality.

I think you’ll fit in well if you work in something fashion related.
If I get the chance... I also want to try MCing, being a radio DJ, and more.

What number would you express your satisfaction with as an artist, as yourself, and your life?
It’s 23 points and 23%. It’s the same number as my age.

MINHO
It’s been a long time. How have you been?
I was active as an actor through <For You In Full Blossom> last year. It was a good experience and I felt a lot of things. If I’m given an opportunity, I would like to try acting again. Anyway, I’m highly satisfied with my personal life. Every day is enjoyable and exciting.

Quite a lot of time has passed since you debuted and you’ve mainly done music promotions.
Thanks to that, I was able to try all kinds of music. I wanted to show various types of music while adding SHINee’s color in them.

How would you rate yourself as an artist?
Compared to the early days of my debut, I feel a lot more relaxed when I do broadcasts. I still think I’m incredibly lacking to even give myself a score.

How do you feel with your comeback ahead?
With my variety of experiences as a foundation, I want to show the fans an awesome performance. We'll want to display SHINee's diverse charms that seems like five but is actually one.

Tell us about your new album.
We tried out something that nobody has tried. And of course we worked hard to add in SHINee’s color. When you listen to the music, you’ll feel, “Definitely SHINee.”

A word to yourself for 2013.
Let’s grow!

TAEMIN
I remember how you looked when you debuted but now you’re an adult.
You've matured by working in society...
You can say that. I guess that’s why I pushed myself harder.

An example?
I’m the type to be strict and cold to myself. I’ve thought harshly about what I lack compared to other people.

SHINee is well known as SHINee. There are other members who tried musicals, dramas, etc.
Did you pass up those opportunities because you’re the maknae or did you have no intentions?
I don’t have really have plans aside from music. But I want to gradually try different things out, so I've been thinking about all sorts of things

What music do you personally like?
I listen to American indie band Fun’s songs often. I enjoy pop music such as Bruno Mars and more.

What style do you usually like?
Comfortable clothes to move in.

Source: L'Officiel Hommes Korea
Translated by: kimchi hana @ shineee.net

Related Threads
{MAG} SHINee - L'Officiel Hommes Korea March Issue

#2 Bearinkaisha

Bearinkaisha

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Taemin listen to Fun often? Now that's new! I didn't know that. AND THAT'S COOL. Didn't Fun won a grammy award for best new artist or sth? Ke ke ke. But let's grow! XD

Posted Image

Posted Image

b-set made by ihottaru and blinkie made by halysia | twitter

#3 phantomous

phantomous

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

lol Jonghyun I'll give you five extra points and raise it to a sixty five.

#4 shineda

shineda

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

it's definitely SHINee! :) d 1st time i listen to their new song,Dream Girl..d thought just pop in my mind like.."this is SHINee..this is their music style..it's their dream.."
Dream Girl daebak!! ;) :wub:

#5 Michele Elder

Michele Elder

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Every time Minho says something self-deprecating, it just makes me love and respect him even more, as if that were possible.

#6 minanie.

minanie.

Ultimate☆Flame ㅍ_ㅍ

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

lol while Taemin is listening to Fun, I am listening to SHINee. XD
I loved this interview. Sweet SHINee bbs <3
keke~ Jong's really into this suit phase. Well.. it "suits" him. harharhar
I love this: "No matter what clothes I wear, the most important thing in the end is personality." But I wish he'd give himself more than 23%. :(
keke~ Minho, after you just claimed that TTBY was so taxing for you, you say this? "If I’m given an opportunity, I would like to try acting again. Anyway, I’m highly satisfied with my personal life. Every day is enjoyable and exciting." <-- I am so happy though for the last part. ^_^
This: "I wanted to show various types of music while adding SHINee’s color in them... Compared to the early days of my debut, I feel a lot more relaxed when I do broadcasts. I still think I’m incredibly lacking to even give myself a score." <-- bb. I give you a gazzillion points!!!!!!!! lol
"We'll want to display SHINee's diverse charms that seems like five but is actually one... We tried out something that nobody has tried. And of course we worked hard to add in SHINee’s color. When you listen to the music, you’ll feel, “Definitely SHINee.”"
I hope they are getting rest though... so busy. ^^

lani_zpsa51c1216.gif

a9d7faea-12c7-404e-a1eb-5d80a55c89df_zps

Shiny_A_plus @ asianfanfics

#7 dragorsi

dragorsi

2♥

• Uploader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thank you so much for translating! It's always the best to hear their opinions from themselves :)

♥♥♥이진기♥♥♥
오늘도, 내일도.. 끝까지.

On hiatus.

#8 TheFayery05

TheFayery05

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Onew: I’ve developed some know-hows or knacks
Are you talking about your uncanny ability to fall or trip on flat surfaces? That was the first thought that came to my mind while reading. xD

Key: It’s 23 points and 23%. It’s the same number as my age.
I wonder when you'll reach 100. xD

Minho: Anyway, I’m highly satisfied with my personal life.
Why did 2min come to my mind? My thoughts...

DEFINITELY SHINee! ♥

#9 Charitysweethart

Charitysweethart

Mrs.Choi 4ever

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yeah me and Taemin both like Bruno Mars. SHINee wants to be seen as one, thats very unique, usually artists want to be seen as individuals.

Charity<3 <3 MVPFlamingLocketBlingingMint "Too cute to watch, too wild to touch" -Key
1iy911.jpg2nmxxw.jpg

#10 TaeminsMushroomHair

TaeminsMushroomHair

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

ERMAHGERD TAEMIN I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE SINCE YOU SAID YOU LOVE FUN <33
fun. is one of the coolest bands ever geez Taemin why are u so freakin amazing?

Besides that I really do feel bad when they say they feel that they're lacking, like seriously they're one of the best kpop groups in the world and definitly don't lack in my eyes or any of the shawols eyes I can say!
So SHINee be more confident in yourselves^^
Posted Image

#11 Ayane

Ayane

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

While working on <Brothers Were Brave> and <Rock of Ages>, I felt that this area is very charming. If I get the chance, it’s something I want to keep doing in the future.

Yes please. I want to see him in a musicla again ;u;

#12 menchie

menchie

♥ Bunnie ♥

• 5762 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Is it just me or does Taemin's interviews seem short most of the time? xD
His is so short compared to the others!

Yes, I would like to see Onew in more musicals please. ;w;

23 points and 23%, same as your age, Key? Does that when you reach 100, you'll be....xD

aafmLZo.png

♥ bset made by me ♥

#13 ardeeen

ardeeen

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

this interview's really worth to read <3 i always love the moment they share their thought openly like this. thank u so much for translating and sharing.

#14 nitaRnita

nitaRnita

♥ SHINee's Noona ♥

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

This magazine is AWESOME~~~
Even though the interview is really slight but it paid off by the smexy pictures on it :lol: :lol:

SHINee always said that they are excited about this comeback....well guess what boys?? Shawol is also excited about it :<3: :<3:

Thanks for translating and sharing Hananim ^^

Posted Image

Posted Image

banner by ©ihottaru & blinkies by ©captivated

#15 Geliiibean

Geliiibean

nutreeshes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

TAEMIN
I remember how you looked when you debuted but now you’re an adult.
You've matured by working in society...
You can say that. I guess that’s why I pushed myself harder.

An example?
I’m the type to be strict and cold to myself. I’ve thought harshly about what I lack compared to other people.

Is this the reason why he's been off lately? Well, I'm glad he is smiling again :)
Minho, I'll rate for you. 100%! :D

#16 Nokkie63

Nokkie63

Baby Jinki

• Donor
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Ummh..I luv this black & white photo very much. It shows that our SHINee boys have grown up to be handsome men!!
Do you agree with me that their collar bone look very sexy!!! This make me want to buy this magazine. :P :wub: :<3:
Thank you for your translation

#17 pockyholic

pockyholic

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Taemin likes Fun and Bruno Mars? :o <--- This is another reason to add to my list of reasons why Taemin's my bias ^^. He has excellent taste in music. Thanks for the translations?

#18 Cyfyndyfy

Cyfyndyfy

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

• Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

MinTaeKey deserve a lot more credit than they give themselves. Always so hard on themselves...

"I can't hide who I am. I can't say things I don't mean, say that I like things I hate or hate things I like. And more than anything, I can't lie to myself."

Posted Image

Credits to mejiaas

#19 Pei.SHAWOL

Pei.SHAWOL

SHINee World

• Ultra Shawol
  • 3507 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

/weep/ SHINee is just so honest and everything they said really make a difference in my life ;A;
This is just so..SHINee /dead/ ;A;
SHINee really made me more mature in my thinking and everything xD

"우리가 간다 울트라 샤이니 변신!"
3a9Blmj.pngdHbCE2j_zpsdb8b772b.png
Banner made by © c_taemin  and Melody

Twitter

#20 rennachu

rennachu

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

it's definitely SHINee! :) d 1st time i listen to their new song,Dream Girl..d thought just pop in my mind like.."this is SHINee..this is their music style..it's their dream.."

What I was thinking too!

Key listening to music under hip-hop? Big Bang popped right out of my head. XD
I also imagined his evil laugh after that interviewer's comment of SHINee always hot topic through sensational styling. I think yours is especially good. HAHA.
Shinee- always humble. :)

Yes, Let's GROW!

I'll reach you. Someday. One day. cr: baekeyselu for icon.

"I think everybody in this world should be loved." - Taemin

#21 SHINeeWORLD+SHAWOL

SHINeeWORLD+SHAWOL

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Minho oppa, u want to grow more?! that should be the things Jonghyun oppa should be wishing for

#22 kokonew

kokonew

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

it sound like they will promote their new album for longer time in Korea., they definitely get good reactions from Kshawol., and I like Onew's message 'it's definitely SHINee'., :D

#23 nadezha

nadezha

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

"it’s something I want to keep doing in the future."

I hope that too Onew ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Key did well as DJ in sukira , i hope he can have more opportunities soon \3

#24 hwaitingjinki

hwaitingjinki

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thank you for translating and sharing this,
I just love how SHINee appeared so many times in magazines these days and shared their thoughts with us

#25 rainbowice

rainbowice

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

They are much more open in their magazine interviews this promotion round. Perhaps they are growing more in the music industry and have more say now. I really appreciate reading their thoughts. SHINee is very down-to-earth and humble and it surely shows~

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Forum Rules ▲ Shoutbox Rules ▲ Guides & Tutorials

Buy a raffle ticket for your chance to win a rare SHINee Maypole 2011 shirt!

amatif zbad : (31 October 2014 - 06:48 AM) Annyeong! Just dropping by to invite you to read my newest fic. Kekeke. @_@ :P >Unrequited Love of 1870's Diary< Have fun! :)
Melle :D : (31 October 2014 - 06:17 AM) bye
Melle :D : (31 October 2014 - 06:14 AM) yo!
rachel. : (31 October 2014 - 06:10 AM) hi ^ ^
Melle :D : (31 October 2014 - 12:13 AM) :)
riqasuh : (30 October 2014 - 11:53 PM) hello! happy halloween shawols! fanguy here! :)
Ms. Shekinah : (30 October 2014 - 09:21 PM) /pokes/
Jappy : (30 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) Happy Halloween! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) Happy Halloween SHAWOLS all over the world! :)
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 07:19 PM) Hello :D :D :D
Kinivi : (30 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) :ph34r:
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 06:13 PM) hello
littleteafox : (30 October 2014 - 03:36 PM) Minho looks good with those contacts. o 3 o https://38.media.tum...8dqlyo1_500.gif
rachel. : (30 October 2014 - 05:53 AM) hi ^^
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 02:39 AM) bye
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 02:22 AM) bye for now
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 02:18 AM) haha
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 02:17 AM) i think i forgot to put that on my profile
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 02:17 AM) i love reading too...
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 02:09 AM) yeah! and I saw u`re really into movies! I like watching movies as well, especially when I go out with my friends! but I like reading, writing and dancing more! keke
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 02:06 AM) woohoo!!! we're both swifties & lovatics!!! :)
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 02:05 AM) yes, sometimes yes! she`s nice! and Demi Lovato is AWESOME!!!
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 02:04 AM) do you listen to taylor swift?
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 02:02 AM) kekeke :)
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 02:01 AM) if I would have more free time I think I`ll watch everything, but I`m watching what interest me more! like Sehun, Kai, Key! yeah, u know...
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:56 AM) oh... :) how about k movies?
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:53 AM) ah, I`m not too much into kdrama! just the ones with JaeJoong! hehe
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:51 AM) the upcoming kdrama...
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:50 AM) huh?
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:50 AM) ?
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:49 AM) are you going to watch 'pinocchio'>
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:49 AM) haha :) it's ok :)
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:47 AM) i`ll play but now I`m too lazy to search clothes pics! haha
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:44 AM) i`ll check it
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:27 AM) done with my game :)
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:21 AM) :)
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:17 AM) oh! cool
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:10 AM) i'm going to make a new game :) kekeke
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:09 AM) lol... i'm fine too :D
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:09 AM) fine, and u? ~~
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) yes, I LOVE SEHUN!!! keke r we the only members in here? omg
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) :) how are ya?
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 12:57 AM) helloooooo keke
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 12:57 AM) Hello :D
Melle :D : (30 October 2014 - 12:54 AM) :D
Key`sLocket : (30 October 2014 - 12:50 AM) hi~
Melle :D : (29 October 2014 - 09:53 PM) hello!!!
littleteafox : (29 October 2014 - 04:00 PM) aw okay! nini sweet dreams~ ^^
Key`sLocket : (29 October 2014 - 03:59 PM) ok dear. I gtg! sleep is callin me! haha. see ya! nity nite! ^^
littleteafox : (29 October 2014 - 03:57 PM) I know hehe. ^^ & Oi! I thought it was only one dimension like the regular piece of paper size. I'll look into it more. I don't have a printer at the moment so I may have to use my local library. cx