Photo

{NEWS} Agencies of SHINee′s Onew and After School′s Jung-A deny the two are dating + electronic cigarette controversy

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 joAnnwashere

joAnnwashere

約束だよ。

• Event Coordi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

Following love rumors and paparazzi cuts, the agencies of SHINee′s Onew and After School′s Jung-A have denied the rumors altogether, saying that "the two are close as senior and junior."

On March 25, a media outlet had reported that Onew and Jung-A have been dating for about a year, and that despite their busy schedules, found time to meet, mostly in Jung-A′s car. Paparazzi cuts showing the two together had been attached to the article.

A rep from Pledis, Jung-A′s agency, told enews, "The two are close as senior and junior. They′ve had meals together for a long time and we′ve known the two are close. We′re surprised about the sudden love rumors."

The rep also said, "We′ve checked with Jung-A herself about the rumors. She said they′re close friends, not lovers."

Onew′s agency SM Entertainment merely stated, "We will check with Onew himself. We′ve known the two to be close friends."

SHINee is currently promoting its new single Dream Girl while After School has been preparing for a new album to be released in April.

Source: enewsWorld
Shared by: joAnnwashere @ shineee.net

Another translation of Pledis' statement.

After paparazzi captured shots of SHINee‘s Onew and After School‘s Jung Ah sitting inside a car together and exiting a restaurant, rumors have flared that the two idols were in a relationship with each other.

However, in a press release distributed just a few minutes ago, Jung Ah’s agency, Pledis Entertainment, denied all charges of a relationship between the two idols.

“The two of them are merely close friends, not dating,” they said, denying the reports. “As fellow entertainment workers, Jung Ah and Onew have a close relationship where they advise each other. Today, their schedules matched so they were only enjoying a light meal together, and weren’t dating like media agencies have reported.”

Earlier, Korean media agency Kuki News ran an exclusive report along with pictures, quoting a close friend with the two idols that “they have been dating for one year”.

Source: allkpop

3/26 Update:

Onew swept up in another controversy for smoking electronic cigarettes

SHINee‘s Onew is caught up in yet another controversy and this time, it’s regarding him smoking electronic cigarettes.

On March 25, dating rumors of Onew and After School’s Jungah re-sparked after a few photos of the two together were taken at Apgu-jung.

In a couple of the pictures, netizens pointed out that Onew was smoking an electronic cigarette. Opinions have been split over this matter.

Posted Image

Some netizens have been defending Onew by saying, “He’s an adult, who cares,” “This is more shocking than the dating rumor but I understand,” “He’s an adult, he wasn’t on broadcast so who cares,” and more.

But on the contrary, some have been commenting, “I liked Onew’s innocent and clear image so this is really shocking,” “This is the third hit of controversies for Onew,” “He needs to take care of his image,” and more.

Meanwhile, Onew’s agency denied the dating rumors with Jungah and stated, “They are just close colleagues.”
Onew has been caught up in a whirlwind of controversies lately, including the middle finger incident, not too long ago.

Source: Soompi

Related Threads:

{PICS} 130325 Onew - Photographed with After School's Jungah in Apgujeong

VumH0.jpg
@

Art by halysia

#2 kimj0nghyun

kimj0nghyun

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

IDK WHAT TO BELIEVE OH MY GOODNESS
i hope it's true ;;

#3 xueqiee

xueqiee

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE THOUGH LMFAO i wouldnt mind if they're dating. How many close female friends that isnt from sm does onew have?? ONLY ONE tbh lol

[ lee jinki ] [ shinee ]
Posted Image

#4 MissFearLess

MissFearLess

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

I almost had a heart attack earlier !
And I cried. I'm so pathetic ! xD

#5 shineethebestonew

shineethebestonew

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

why a sudden rumours?? lol.. i have seen them tweeting with each other.. so it was not really a shock to me.. and onew ideal type is jung ah.. they might not be dating.. but who knows.. both sm and pledis have already denied it..

but honestly, i dont really care if they're dating^^ onew is 25 now, he needs to date!

#6 charmingSHINee

charmingSHINee

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Gosh!!! I knew one of them might be dating someone..but it's okay for me as long as they are happy..
And because jung-a denied already onew might also denied it.. but who knows, it might be true..

#7 menchie

menchie

♥ Bunnie ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5762 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I don't know what to believe anymore. It's seems like ever since Onew's scandal, he's been getting attacked ever since. x.x
So the news about Onew, especially negative ones, I don't know if I can believe them anymore because I'm scared about people are making them up just to give him a bad image.
I really wish I can protect and defend him. But I know I can't and it hurts me.
And if the dating thing is true, so what? Yes, it's shocking 'cause it's so sudden. They're all going to find someone eventually(though they should really wait until their 'idol' days are over OTL).
Plus, they tweet each other all the time. Them being close is not anything new. Also, just because they're close, doesn't mean they're dating. You're allowed to have guy or girl best friends. x.x

Wow, I'm sorry for the long post. I just feel so over protective right now.

aafmLZo.png

♥ bset made by me ♥

#8 Isah

Isah

Key

• Ultra Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

//sigh// i thought that rumor is true -_-
well..thanks for this :D
lol i'm really worried about that hehehehe :^^v:

#9 onkeyshipper

onkeyshipper

Minho

• Super Shawol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

WHYYYY???? OMO! IM CRYING RIGHT NOW!!
Oke, Idol is a human too, but why my heart is so hurt when I see those picture?

#10 Mint-flavored_mushroom

Mint-flavored_mushroom

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

SM wae you denied it!
I still believe they're dating though.

#11 Andre Kim

Andre Kim

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Omg I don't know what is the problem!
Some fans was like: Onew No, you cannot...
Anyway if this is true okay.

shieee.png

Onew  Taemin  Jonghyun  Minho        Key

#12 monew12

monew12

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

it's not new , like i always knew Onew and jungah are close friends , On onew's birthday jungah tweeted "jingki jingki jingki jingki happy birthday" , what kind of couple will come to tweet each other like that in public? XD kkkk
even if they were dating i still love onew ^^

Twitter , facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

Onew + laugh = OTP XD

#13 dannidj

dannidj

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm betting it's true, but I'm glad that whoever's doing PR for the companies decided to collaborate and release a decent statement. Unlike that mess that was IU and Eunhyuk...
But if it is true, I'm hoping they can continue dating since Onew has seemed so happy recently :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Blinger | Shawol | Inspirit

#14 Kou_

Kou_

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Shocked at first, i never expect that it's going to be Jung Ah, I think it would be YoonA, Luna, etc.
It's okay, if they're really dating, It proves that he is human, Not a fallen angel :xD
If this true, pleaaaaasseeee!!! Just let them...!
I can't see another member bowing for apologize because of his fate for being a human...! I Know we love them shawol, so, let them be happy! ;)

#15 shininggeneration713

shininggeneration713

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I think they'd make a beautiful couple! It's disappointing that they're not.
Posted Image

#16 kumatenshi

kumatenshi

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

I don't know if i'm buying this or not. I mean, i feel like this is a classic case of 'can men and women really just be close friends?' especially ones that go out for dinner together often. With just the two of them. In the car~ lol i'm not even making sense. Bottomline, if jinki's happy then the fans should be happy for him as well. Anyway, taking everything with a HUGE grain of salt haha now excuse me while i try to sort out my feels~

#17 piggylover

piggylover

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

i only remember seeing a rumor that onew is dating a girl but sm force him to break up with that girl because that girl isn't a idol/artist..
but if sm denied than maybe they really didn't date.. if they didn't denied jonghyun-sekyung dating thing than why can't they did it too if they are really dating.. but it was true than they are another cute couple XD jung ah was cool~

#18 caramen149

caramen149

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

wish they're best friends .
SHinee come back now so this will affect on the result of them
what the hell with onew now :(( i don;t want it true okkkkk :(
PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE ONLY FRIENDS ok

#19 Roseamalia pramudianti

Roseamalia pramudianti

• Shawol
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

yeaaaa.
it's looks like I'm the most happy ^^
I don't know why but, can u see his smile???
it's so heartwarming
I was very pleased to see it
I don't really care if it's true or not,
the important thing is onew happiness
he's human right? he deserve it.

#20 talynoda

talynoda

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

well i'm not gonna waste my time speculating the truth behind these pictures because i don't know if i'll ever actually know the truth behind their relationship, whether it ends at friendship or something more...but i just find these two super adorbs and i am happy for jinki ok

#21 iyeenoona90

iyeenoona90

• Shawol
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

whether the rumor a year ago about Onew and jungah it true?
about "onew & jungah SPOTTED TOGETHER HOLDING HAND AT SHINEE'S CONCERT"?? or just a rumor?
but, but indeed they are at the age now need dating
T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T
Posted Image

#22 MissEzri

MissEzri

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think a year is a bit too long to hide any relationship (Jonghyun's was found out in something like 3 months). If they are dating, I would be super excited and happy for him. Everyone deserves some love, and I find it depressing that idols cannot date like everyone else does in their age group. If they aren't dating, I'm glad Onew has some friends and actually goes out!
Yes... that Jinki smiling at me in my display picture. "Don't cry." Jinki to me (in English). Aug 22, 2013

#23 oh_tyra89

oh_tyra89

Taemin

• Shawol
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

i think its not wrong for shinee to date the girl they like, they are human too, but
im just scared...what alrdy happen to jonghyun past year, it affected shinee a lot, jonghyun was sad..
i dont want that to happen again
we should accept the boys decision and support them

Posted Image

http://twitter.com/jjonghearts banners by simone

#24 Lelychan

Lelychan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ahh.. Of course I want their happiness, and Jung ah is a really sweet person, but I can't deny this still makes me sad. It's a sense of jealousy, I suppose. Either way, I hope this blows over quickly, because it's sad that idols can't even hang out with friends without rumors forming.

Although this is, in big part, the way the media wants to exploit SHINee since they're the hot topic right now due to their comeback. I mean.. we already knew they were close right?

#25 debsayys

debsayys

• Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2236 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Am I the only one that is not affected by this? LOL.
Because for some reason I just know that they are not together.
If they were they would have taken every single precaution to not have any obvious connections,
like following each other on Twitter and tweeting to each other.

Besides if it's true, it shouldn't be too much of a big deal because the boys are human after all, they WILL date and they WILL get married someday.

I know everyone still has some form of 'scars' from the Jonghyun+Sekyung thing, and that was a huge shock for all of us.
But I hope that since 3 years has passed, the Korean fans and international fans have grown and will be more forgiving and more understanding.
This is our dubu leader Onew who has every right to love who he wants to love ^^.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Forum Rules ▲ Shoutbox Rules ▲ Guides & Tutorials

Buy a raffle ticket for your chance to win a rare SHINee Maypole 2011 shirt!

ChoiMaine : (21 October 2014 - 09:52 PM) Yesssssss :3
Ms. Shekinah : (21 October 2014 - 09:51 PM) Do you still remember me?
Ms. Shekinah : (21 October 2014 - 09:51 PM) Ohh Maineeee! I'll read t later :)
ChoiMaine : (21 October 2014 - 09:50 PM) Read my story please? :3
Ms. Shekinah : (21 October 2014 - 09:46 PM) heyaaa
ChoiMaine : (21 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Aaaaaay
Jappy : (21 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hello :3
jenmonster : (21 October 2014 - 08:49 PM) hi shawols!
ferniflame : (21 October 2014 - 06:22 AM) Night....
ChoiMaine : (21 October 2014 - 03:00 AM) Please read my new fic "first snow"! Your support will be greatly accepted and if you could read the future chapters, that'll be awesome!
KimJamong : (21 October 2014 - 12:51 AM) Hi~ :) do you have any link for the songs of I'm your Boy album?? :) Thanks!
Melle :D : (20 October 2014 - 11:24 PM) *hello
Melle :D : (20 October 2014 - 11:24 PM) helol
KimMinMinHyun~ : (20 October 2014 - 02:55 PM) GoodMorning ^_^
Laring : (20 October 2014 - 09:23 AM) Hello :) I've been a shawol for 4 years but im new member here. :D .
cocommedes : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) hellooow
Ms.RicaChoi : (20 October 2014 - 07:02 AM) HELLO :)
Melle :D : (20 October 2014 - 01:14 AM) hello danielle :) you became a member on my birthday!!! :D
danielle_ngu... : (20 October 2014 - 12:18 AM) Annyeong, I'm a new member. It's nice to be friends. May I be a friend with you?
Jappy : (19 October 2014 - 09:04 PM) Annyeong :3
littleteafox : (19 October 2014 - 06:40 PM) annyeong~ it's been awhile for me. >.< how is everyone here? 
socialbutterfly : (19 October 2014 - 12:56 PM) heey guys Its Brittany, pm me if u want
ananya nayak : (19 October 2014 - 06:48 AM) HOLA :)
jakstar : (19 October 2014 - 03:56 AM) yoohoo?
jakstar : (19 October 2014 - 03:46 AM) :xD
ChoiMaine : (18 October 2014 - 11:48 PM) please read my new on going fic "First Snow"!
ChoiMaine : (18 October 2014 - 11:48 PM) /shameless self promotion
Melle :D : (18 October 2014 - 09:46 PM) ohhhhhhhhhhh~~~
KimMinMinHyun~ : (18 October 2014 - 09:30 PM) Annyeong ^o^
Jappy : (18 October 2014 - 08:41 PM) Good morning shawols ^^
ChoiMaine : (18 October 2014 - 07:27 PM) Haaaaaaaai
Choi Hana. : (18 October 2014 - 07:17 PM) morning sbox n_n
jakstar : (18 October 2014 - 06:38 PM) :)
ChoiMaine : (18 October 2014 - 06:34 PM) yoohoo~
jakstar : (18 October 2014 - 06:03 PM) :xD
Melle :D : (18 October 2014 - 05:54 PM) yo
Key`sLocket : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) yohoooooo!!!
ananya nayak : (18 October 2014 - 09:01 AM) you who came from the stars.. :D
jakstar : (18 October 2014 - 03:04 AM) yoohoo
Melle :D : (18 October 2014 - 12:57 AM) hi
ChoiMaine : (17 October 2014 - 05:55 PM) hey
jakstar : (17 October 2014 - 05:20 PM) its good to be back
NayiiMaknae : (17 October 2014 - 03:03 PM) HI!
JessicaShawol1 : (17 October 2014 - 02:30 PM) Hello ^^
KimMinMinHyun~ : (16 October 2014 - 05:58 AM) Hiiii ~ :D
Melle :D : (16 October 2014 - 04:17 AM) haloo
halysia : (16 October 2014 - 03:49 AM) erro
Melle :D : (16 October 2014 - 01:18 AM) Annyeong!!!
Melle :D : (16 October 2014 - 01:18 AM) :)
Melle :D : (16 October 2014 - 01:18 AM) :_